- Did you know the two Shadow Creek Ranch MUDs account for over 19% of the total taxable property in the City of Pearland for the 2016 tax year?
- Did you know that Shadow Creek Ranch resident Derrick Reed won election to Pearland City Council in 2015 and was appointed Mayor Pro Tem in 2017?
- Did you know that the first phase only of the first public park in Shadow Creek Ranch owned and operated by the City of Pearland is finished? The MUDs paid for the public water, sewer, and drainage facilities serving the Sports Park and the City started Phase 2 of the Park with approximately $1.3 million more to construct facilities.
- Did you know the two Shadow Creek Ranch MUDs pay extra to have 13 off duty city police officers do extra patrol in Shadow Creek Ranch? Did you know the MUDs voted to pay for some detention ponds repairs that Shadow Creek Ranch Maintenance Association (SCRMA) would have paid so that SCRMA could install, pay for, and operate security cameras at our major entrances so we can help the police catch criminals in our neighborhood? Did you know SCRMA has worked with the security patrol officers to provide access to the cameras and video feed?
- Did you know that annually by March 31, each MUD must file a report regarding its financial health? Did you know that reports are available to the public on EMMA, the Electronic Municipal Market Access website, at emma.msrb.org?
The Temporary Ball Fields located at the Northeast corner of Shadow Creek Parkway (FM 2234) and Kingsley Drive, just south of the Shadow Creek Ranch Nature Park, are now managed by the City of Pearland Parks & Recreation Department. BC MUD 26 and BFBC MUD 1 recognized the need for nearby available space to play sports during the planning and construction phases of the City’s Shadow Creek Ranch Sports Complex and paid for the construction and maintenance of the Temporary Ball Fields without spending tax dollars. Now that the Sports Complex is complete, please call the City Parks & Recreation Department at 281-652-8900 if you have any questions or concerns about the Ball Fields, which are no longer temporary!